Tuesday 15 May 2012

We draw closer.....

Olly here, So I've worked a lot on the landscape since the last update, I've been following the following piece of concept art created by Kieran as a template for how the landscape should be looking for the player.

It's barren and dark, the landscape is rife with tears and lava spewing up to the surface along with jagged spikes that have broken the surface, So my task was to replicate this as close as possible to the concept.

The landscape is near completion and I'm feeling very certain that I have kept as close as I could to the original concept, here is an image of some of the spikes and lava near the main building.


The material that forms the landscape is made of 4 layers, the base ash texture that covers the terrain, a cracked rock texture that forms around the lava, a burnt black rock texture that shows dead lava areas or where lava has scorched and the lava texture itself, the following is and image of me working on a lava revine with the above material layers to give a realistic effect that sticks with the concept.


More information about this work will go onto my page "level design and programming" here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment